Strawberry Goat Cheese Crostini from Olive & Basket
This recipe is by Olive & Basket in Frederick MD. Find more at oliveandbasket.com
- 1 Baguette, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 pint Strawberries, fresh, sliced
- Goat cheese (ricotta or mascarpone cheese are great substitutions)
- 3 Tbsp. ( 1 Tbsp for bread, 2 Tbsp, for Goat Cheese) Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Basil EVOO
- Traditional Balsamic Reduction Vinegar
- Basil, fresh, chopped
- Black Pepper
- Preheat broiler and position oven rack to highest position. Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Toast under broiler, watching closely and rotating pan as needed for even browning, about 2-3 minutes total.
- Let bread cool. Add olive oil to goat cheese and whip until smoother.
- Spread bread evenly with goat cheese. Seasoned with fresh black pepper. Arrange strawberry slices over top, drizzle with balsamic reduction, and sprinkle with mint or basil leaves.