RULES AT THE FESTIVAL
- Absolutely NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL, per Maryland State Law. All coolers and bags will be checked. If there is outside alcohol in a cooler, you will be required to throw it away or surrender it to the Frederick County Deputies on duty.
- No pets are allowed at the winery during the festival. The dog park will be closed.
- No warming plates, open flames or gas-powered devices (i.e.: chafing dishes, with burners, grills, generators, or similar.)
- No radios, speakers, musical instruments for music other than festival music.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where do I find the festival date on my ticket?
If you plan to use a mobile ticket, we suggest downloading or screenshot it onto your phone, before arrival. The winery is in a rural area, where mobile data signals are weak and there is no public Wi-Fi available.
What does admission to the festival include?
General Admission Tickets Include:
- Samples of 19 different wines, varying from dry to sweet to fruit wine, and a souvenir stemless wine glass
- Samples of beer & cider from Red Shedman Farm Brewery
- Live music from 10 AM-6 PM, featuring two live bands per day
- Food & shopping from over 40 local vendors and artisans
- Full bottle sales available at the Pavilion and inside the Tasting Room
VIP Admission Tickets Include:
- All of the General Admission perks, PLUS
- Separate VIP Entry into the festival- no long wait!
- Access to the air-conditioned Abisso Hall for seating
- Specialty indoor tasting featuring 6 additional wines and specialty beer samples
- A stemmed souvenir wine glass
- Indoor restroom facilities for VIP ticket holders only
Is there a map of where to locate areas and vendors at the festival?
Yes, please click below to open and download the festival map.
Our Festival Map outlines the locations of vendors, wine tasting stations, restrooms, and more on the grounds. We suggest downloading or taking a screenshot of our festival map before arrival. The winery is in a rural area, where mobile data signals are weak and there is no public Wi-Fi available.
I need directions!
Can I get a refund if there is rain in the forecast?
Festivals are held rain or shine. There are no refunds.
I purchased a ticket but cannot attend, can I get a refund?
Unfortunately, no. All tickets are non-refundable.
Wine Tastings, Sales, And Tours
There are four areas to taste wines during our festival: the Pavilion, the Bacioni room, the VIP Area (for VIPs only), and the Tasting Room. Each area has different wines to sample and is located on the festival map.
Wine Sales are available in five areas as the wine tastings. The Pavilion, the Bacioni room, the Garage, the VIP Area (for VIPs only), and the Tasting Room. All are located on the festival map.
Tours of the winery are given each hour, from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM. The signup for a tour is located outside the entrance to the Abisso Hall, near the food and craft vendors. Check the map for location.
What can I bring into the festival?
- Blankets and/or chairs to sit on
- 10’ x 10’ Pop-up tents (maximum size), or umbrellas Note: tents and umbrellas may only be set-up in a designated area of the lawn.
- Food, coolers and non-alcoholic beverages in their sealed manufacture containers. Note: All bags, chairs, tents, and coolers will be searched.
Do you offer discounts for military, designated drivers, or groups?
We offer discounts for designated drivers and active & veteran military members. Discounted prices are listed on our ticket vendor’s site. Military ID is required at the entrance gate. Designated drivers will receive a red wristband and will be unable to taste, consume or purchase wine during the event.
We do not offer group discounts, but we do offer some perks to bus groups. If you are bringing a bus with more than 20 people, please visit our Bus Group page for details.
Can I bring children?
Yes, but please keep in mind there are no activities for children, and it is hard to maneuver strollers.
Are credit cards accepted?
The winery accepts all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) for purchases at the festival. Cellular service is spotty, so we do not recommend relying on cash apps or ApplePay. Most vendors accept credit cards as well, however, there are ATMs on-site for cash purposes.