Curried Butternut Squash Soup with Terrapin Wine
Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 Butternut squash, sliced in half, lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 3 medium apples, peeled and diced (I like to use Honeycrisp)
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Linganore Terrapin white wine
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 32 oz. Chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream or Evaporated milk
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Rub squash with olive oil, place squash cut side up on the baking sheet. Roast until tender and slightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in large sauté pan. Add apples, celery, carrots, onion and curry powder. Sauté until soft.
- Scoop squash from skins into large stockpot. Add sauteed vegetables, apples, and chicken stock and Linganore Terrapin wine. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Return to low heat. Add cream and heat through but do not let it come to a boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.