Linganore Winecellars, Maryland’s destination winery, is seeking a highly skilled customer and sales focused Wine Club Manager to join our team. This full-time position involves extensive communications with Wine Club Members, managing the Wine Club database, and handling all tasks associated with assuring wine shipments and ensuring that all club activities run smoothly. This is a full time position with a starting salary from $16 to $19 / hour depending on experience.
The successful candidate will love wine and sharing your passion for wine with others. You will have strong telephone, written and customer service skills, as well as computer/technical skills. You will also be highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
Specifically, the successful person in this role will:
- Interface with Wine Club members and consumers in a timely, courteous, and upbeat manner.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to increase sales and profits of our Wine Club.
- Grow Wine Club membership through creative marketing events and marketing programs.
- Retain existing club members through customer engagement, consistent follow-up and outstanding customer service.
- Plan and execute each quarterly club shipments.
- Monitor compliance with company policy, procedures and state regulations regarding wine shipments
- Collaborate and coordinate with all departments.
- Create materials related to Wine Club, including welcome packets, tasting notes, emails, event invitations, and scheduling and delivery notices.
- Plan, execute and attend on-site events for current and potential Wine Club members.
- Perform daily Wine Club operations, including data entry, order processing, invoicing, billing, and coordination of accurate wine shipments and mailings.
- Support Tasting Room staff regarding customer concerns, Wine Club events, and sales
- Experience in hospitality (wine- related hospitality a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Hospitality, or similar field a plus.
- Strong computer skills, notably Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Graphics experience a plus (ideally Adobe Suite)
- Ability to work flexible shifts (occasional weeknights, weekends, events, and holidays)
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Self-motivated team player who is engaging and possess exceptional organizational skills
- Effectively communicate with all levels of employees and consumers
- Ability to lift and carry up to 45 pounds (a case of wine) repeatedly
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Driver’s License
Linganore Winecellars offers a competitive base compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, sick leave, vacation leave, pension, and discounts on our wine. We are in Mt. Airy, MD (approx. 5 miles from New Market and 25 minutes from Frederick).
Linganore Winecellars provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, status as a Vietnam era veteran or other covered veteran or any other bases protected by applicable local, state or federal law.