Overview: Linganore Winecellars, Maryland’s destination winery, is seeking a highly skilled customer focused Venue Coordinator to join our team. This full-time position involves being the point of contact for our customers who book large events, such as weddings, ensuring that their expectations and needs are met before, during, and after their event. Initially will work all aspects of every event (e.g., walk through, rehearsals, set up, during, shut down) until an Asst. Venue Coordinator is trained by the Venue Coordinator to run them to the same level of expectation. Once that occurs, the Assistant Venue Coordinator would be assigned to a wedding/event and would be the Point of Contact for that event from start to finish while the Venue Coordinator would still be responsible for overseeing all events and ensuring they are all run to the same level of high expectations.
Job Responsibilities will include:
Conduct detailed venue tours when Director of Private Events is not available
- Send thank you to potential clients after the tour
- Responsible for ensuring that the client has a positive, personalized experience with the venue
- Is the liaison between the venue and external vendors. Convey venue information and regulations as well as obtain a current vendor certificate of insurance listing the venue as additional insured. Conduct site visits with new vendors & respond to vendor inquires.
- Is the client’s main point of contact
- Organize and coordinate day of event schedule from load-in to load-out with a detailed timeline
- Develop personalized floor plan for each event
- Schedule and meet with client for final consultation to confirm beverage selections, timeline, floor plans and inform client on what to expect from the venue the day of their event as well as determine any specific needs and/or requirements for the event the client might have
- Communicate timeline, floorplan, beverage selections and special needs/requests for the event to the event staff at least one week before the event
- Confirm, attend and assist with wedding rehearsal or final walk thru for other types of events
- Is the liaison between the event staff and sales staff
- Ensures client’s needs and expectations are met
- Prepare/stock or designate staff to prepare/stock bridal suite for client’s arrival
- Make sure all event areas are clean, set and stocked correctly (tables, chairs, linens, barware, wine, soda, water, beer, coffee station, etc.)
- Greet client/bride & groom, parents or VIP attendees and vendors upon their arrival
- Coordinate vendors, handles client queries and will troubleshoot to ensure the event runs smoothly
- Will work throughout the event to ensure client/guest satisfaction
- Conduct post event follow up and request event review
- Responsible for budget and inventory report for all events
- Social Media (Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest): Responsible for all posts. Will take and share pictures of events.
- Organize & manage the wedding show
- Stays current on wedding/event trends
- Involved with hiring and training event staff
- Able to assist event staff in any position when necessary
- Assist (as needed) Director of Private Events and Director of Festivals & Events and cross-trains in these positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or Two Years Experience Managing Events
- Strong computer skills, notably Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work flexible shifts, evenings, and frequent weekends
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Self-motivated team player who is engaging and possess exceptional organizational skills
- Effectively communicate with all levels of employees and customers
- Ability to life and carry up to 45 pounds (a case of wine) repeatedly
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Driver’s License
Salary: $19/hour plus over time.
Linganore Winecellars offers a competitive base compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, sick leave, vacation leave, pension, and discounts on our wine.
Linganore Winecellars provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, status as a Vietnam era veteran or other covered veteran or any other bases protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Interested applicants should forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org