Regional Wine Sales Representative (N. Baltimore)
Overview: Established in 1971, Linganore Winecellars is a family owned vineyard and winery located on 230 acres in Mount Airy, Maryland. We are seeking an organized, highly motivated and outgoing individual to become a Regional Wine Sales Representative in the North Baltimore area of Maryland.
This individual will call on liquor stores, grocery stores and restaurants in Baltimore, Harford, Cecil Counties, Baltimore city, and Near Eastern Shore to solicit orders and present new items. There is an existing route within this area and an opportunity to grow accounts. The successful applicant will be a self-motivated road warrior who enjoys meeting new people, overcoming objections, and selling new products on a daily basis. We provide bonuses and reimbursement for mileage.
Position Summary: The Regional Wine Sales Representative will report to the Sales Director and focus on supporting and building sales in the North Baltimore area including:
- Visiting 8 – 12 accounts per day (M-F) in territory assigned to solicit orders, present new items and handle off-condition or damaged product.
- Coordinating account purchases with distributor representative.
- Taking before and after pictures of each account visited and sending to main email account.
- Maintaining notes on each account.
- Ensuring key accounts are visited with greater frequency and that all accounts are visited in a timely manner.
- Placing new products in each account on a regular basis (samples provided).
- Maintaining shelf placement of product.
- Scheduling 3 in-store tastings per week as a minimum, coordinating with our tasting support personnel. You may need to staff some of these tastings.
- Placing appropriate P.O.S., displays, and signage in each account for wines and the winery.
- Achieving monthly placement, display and case quotas.
- Attending monthly Sales Team meetings.
- Maintaining weekly tasting schedule and State reports for tastings.
- Working special events at winery (pre-scheduled weekends).
- Representing the winery at off site events, as scheduled through Off-site event manager (May be weekends).
- Participating in distributor work-withs.
- Continually maintaining training and product knowledge.
- Delivering emergency orders when needed.
The qualified applicant will have one year of sales experience in the wine industry, on and off premise and must reside in North Baltimore Territory (Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Cecil County, Harford County, and Near Eastern Shore). Additional requirements include:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle (mileage reimbursement provided).
- Ability to work weekends as required.
- Ability to lift and carry cases of wine up to 40 lbs., both in the building of displays, delivery of product and event set up.
- The ability to sustain a current and valid Maryland State Solicitor’s permit.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- High school diploma or GED; or one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
Salary Information: $17 to $19 / hour, mileage reimbursement & phone stipend
Interested applicants should forward your resume to: email@example.com