Event Staff Position
Linganore Winecellars, Maryland’s destination winery, is seeking customer service minded individuals to join our Event Staff. Are you great with people? Do you love wine? Are you interested in learning more about the event and wine industries? Then this could be the position for you.
We are currently looking for part time weekend Event Staff to provide fun, memorable service to guests attending events (both private and public) at the winery. Responsibilities include setting up events, working events, and cleaning up after events. During events, duties range from working the bar, interacting with guests, running a register (if cash bar), and ensuring that the needs of our clients are met (for private events).
These positions require weekend availability – day and evening. Training will be provided to the right applicants. All applicants must be OVER 21. Retirees are welcome to apply. We offer competitive compensation as well as a benefit package for full time employees. We are located in Mt. Airy, MD (approximately 4.5 miles from New Market, MD; 25 minutes from Frederick, MD).
- Weekend Availability
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Self-directed and motivated
- Ability to be tactful, diplomatic, and courteous even in stressful situations
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and details simultaneously with maturity and self-confidence
- Ability to speak comfortably with diverse guests
- Ability to carry up to 45 lbs (one case of wine)
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
Linganore Winecellars provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, status as a Vietnam era veteran or other covered veteran or any other bases protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.